BACAS has published a new report on geophysics work at Bushey Norwood on Claverton Down
Bushey Norwood is made up of two fields running alongside the east of Bath University and owned by the National Trust. It contains some visible early field banks from the Bronze or Iron Ages including the site of a possible building enclosure first excavated by Colonel HD Skrine in 1888. At the southern end of Bushey is thought to be a Mediaeval or earlier Roman road that crossed from Claverton village to Bath.
The Bushey Norwood report examines the history and previous archaeology of the site and the results of the resistivity and magnetometry surveys. The work was carried out by a joint team of BACAS and National Trust volunteers in early December 2019.
LIDAR image, © National Trust